Bleach Serenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Serenity

A new Bleach RPG where you can RP as a character in the anime or manga, or make your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Hero's Death

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Byakuya Kuchiki™

Byakuya Kuchiki™

A Hero's Death Empty
PostSubject: A Hero's Death   A Hero's Death EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:39 pm

A Harry Potter fanfic I wrote about Sirius Black's funeral. RIP Sirius! Sad

A tear slowly ran down Harry's cheek, and he turned away. Hermione and Ron exchanged looks. "Harry?" Hermione said softly, resting her hand on Harry's shoulder. "Are you all right?" Harry wiped his cheek and nodded, trying to hide his feelings the best he could. It would do no good to break down here. "He was like a father to me," Harry whispered, staring at the grave. Harry would never forget Sirius Black, the man he had come to admire and respect more than anyone, as long as he lived.

Stepping away from the grave, he began to walk around the cemetery, not looking at anyone. Hermione and Ron followed silently, staying close to Harry. Suddenly, Harry saw something out of the corner of his eye. He turned, and saw a figure standing by the side of the graveyard, one he had not seen before. Tall with dark hair, Harry could just make out the outline of glasses on the man's face. Then, as he watched, the man seemed to vanish into thin air.

Harry turned to Hermione and Ron, his eyes wide, but they weren't watching. Harry slowly moved away, walking to the spot where the man had been. Father… was he really there or was it just an illusion? Harry shook his head, trying to clear it, and sighed. Probably just an illusion.

"Come on," Harry said finally, turning away from his friends. "Let's go. We have to study for exams. I'm behind in Potions."

"Everyone's behind in Potions," Ron muttered, shaking his head. "Snape's impossible to understand!"

"I'm not behind," Hermione disagreed, frowning at Roy.

"Of course you're not behind! All you do it study, study, study! We have to practically drag you away from your books when we want to go anywhere!"

Hermione sighed, shaking her head. "If you just pay attention…."

Roy was about to disagree, when Harry shot him a look. He bowed his head, and silently followed Harry and Hemione to the gate. As they walked out of the graveyard, they heard footsteps behind them. A man in rather shabby black robes walked toward them, his eyes sad, grief clearly showing on his face. "Harry. Hemione, Ron. I'm glad you were able to make it."

"We wouldn't miss it, Professor Lupin," Hemione told him, smiling sadly.

"Sirius Black was an amazing man… he shall be missed greatly," Lupin said, sighing. He turned to Harry. "How are you?"

Harry looked up at his old professor, not saying anything for a minute. "Not great," he finally replied. "But I'll be fine in time."

Lupin nodded, and a tear rolled slowly down his cheek. "Yes, you will be," he whispered huskily, and pulled Harry into a hug.

Harry clung to the man tightly for a moment, and then pulled away, wiping his eyes. "We have to go," he said, holding out his hand. Lupin shook it, nodding. "Sirius died the way he wanted to," he whispered. "In battle. He died a hero. We should not be too sad. He got his wish in the end. And he would want us to be happy."

Harry nodded, then, with a wave, he walked into the street, Hermione and Ron following. "Let's try to be happy," Hermione said, sniffling. "For him."

Harry and Ron nodded mutely, and began their journey back to Hogwarts.

Somewhere far away, a dog howled, sadly but happily, for death isn't really the end, just the beginning of a new life.
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-serenity.rpg-board.net

A Hero's Death
Page 1 of 1